- ACS Meeting News: Fifty Years Of The James Flack Norris Award In Physical Organic Chemistry April 13, 2014
- On anniversary, awardees reminisce on the award and the field it honors
- New Materials Engineering Study Findings Reported from Technion-Israel Institute of Technology April 17, 2014
The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from the , "In this study, two fabrication methods were used to create the monolithic alumina and the nanocomposites: pressure filtration and slip casting.
- Scalable CVD process for making 2-D molybdenum diselenide April 8, 2014
Nanoengineering researchers at Rice Univ. and Nanyang Technological Univ. in Singapore have unveiled a potentially scalable method for making one-atom-thick layers of molybdenum diselenide-a highly sought semiconductor that is similar to graphene but has better properties for making certain electronic devices like switchable transistors and ... (more)
- Hard Silicon Wafers Yield Flexible Electronics February 14, 2014
- Electronics: New silicon exfoliation technique converts rigid electronic devices into ones that could be worn or rolled up
- Researchers use common spray gun to create self-assembling nanoparticle films April 10, 2014
The promise of nanoparticles stems from their potential to modify the physical and mechanical properties of polymers for diverse applications, such as photovoltaic cells, sensors, and separation membranes.
- New Materials Science Study Findings Have Been Reported by Investigators at Wayne State University April 17, 2014
In contrast, typical hydrothermal methods to prepare inorganic hollow structures require 24 h or a few days."
- Nanomaterial company set to be among first Binghamton U. Start-Up NY ventures April 12, 2014
Just days after being approved for Start-Up NY, Binghamton University has already been in communication with a handful of companies interested in taking advantage of a decade-long tax-free environment.
- New Mining Services Lab Opened by Clariant at Roha, India April 22, 2014
- Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, held a ribbon-cutting ceremony on April 10, 2014 to mark the opening of its new 10 million INR Roha, India Mining Lab complex, located in the Western...
- Contact Lenses Deliver Drug For Glaucoma February 19, 2014
- Biomaterials: Contact lenses release a glaucoma drug in a controlled fashion when triggered by an enzyme found in tears
- Spray-On Polymer Mats Seal Surgical Incisions March 21, 2014
- Biomaterials: Researchers apply mats of biodegradable nanofibers directly onto tissues using a commercial airbrush
- Toughening Up Elastomers April 13, 2014
- Materials Science: Inspired by hydrogel synthesis, two-part strategy yields strong yet soft elastic polymers
- Special Materials Science & Engineering Seminar April 19, 2014
While plastic deformation in bulk FCC metals is primarily mediated by dislocation motion and interactions, single-crystal nanostructures lacking pre-existing dislocations or dislocation sources must rely on other mechanisms such as dislocation nucleation.
- Nanoparticles Help Radiotherapy April 20, 2014
- Manganese dioxide particles react with hydrogen peroxide to increase oxygen levels in tumors
- Carbon Dots For White LEDs Made In One Step April 8, 2014
- Nanotechnology: Simple, low-cost process yields carbon nanoparticles that emit bright white light
- Memory Device Created From Polymer Pair April 9, 2014
- Organic Electronics: Two functional polymers form the heart of a high-capacity, low-power memory device