- Nanosponges Soak Up Toxins April 21, 2013
- Tiny membrane-coated particles keep poisonous proteins away from healthy cells, save mice injected with lethal doses
- Bayer Will Exit Carbon Nanotubes May 12, 2013
- From insult to alchemy June 14, 2013
Stuff Matters: The Strange Stories of the Marvellous Materials that Shape Our Man-Made World , by Mark Miodownik, Viking, RRPA 18, 272 pages No science book I have read has started with such a graphic description of violence against the author.
- Luxfer: Secular Growth At Attractive Valuations June 16, 2013
In this investment note, I will discuss Luxfer Holdings , which is a global material science company.
- Nanocoating Helps Furniture Foam Fight Fire Without Troubling Flame Retardants April 30, 2013
- Nanomaterials: An ultrathin film made from a biopolymer and a sulfur-based acid could be an effective replacement for chlorine- and bromine-based commercial flame retardants
- Molded Fiber Glass Southeast Achieves ISO 9001:2008 Re-Certification June 18, 2013
- Molded Fiber Glass Southeast, was ISO 9001:2008 re-certified late May 2013for conforming to the universal quality management systems of International Organization for Standardization (ISO). MFG...
- NASA engineer conducts demonstration June 4, 2013
The Las Cruces Academy and El Paso homeschoolers co-hosted a demonstration of materials science for space applications on May 20.
- Novel Polycarbonate Resin for In-Mold Decoration June 18, 2013
- Teijin Limited announced today its development of a polycarbonate (PC) resin suitable for in-mold decoration, an efficient method of decorating plastic parts during the injection molding process....
- Some basic aspects of electromagnetic radiation emission during... June 12, 2013
Materials Science and Engineering: A , Vol. 454-455 , pp. 203-210, doi:10.1016/j.msea.2006.11.011 This paper presents some basic aspects of electromagnetic radiation emission during plastic deformation and crack propagation in Cu-Zn alloys.
- Nanofiber sensor detects diabetes or lung cancer faster and easier June 11, 2013
Metal-oxide nanofiber based chemiresistive gas sensors offer greater usability for portable real-time breath tests that can be available on smart phones or tablet PCs in the near future Clockwise from left to right: left upper shows a magnified SEM image of a broken thin-wall assembled SnO2 fiber.
- Supercapacitors Made From Hemp May 22, 2013
- Researchers turn agricultural waste into a carbon nanomaterial for high-power supercapacitors
- Ancient Egyptian Bead Was Based On Meteorite May 30, 2013
Open University and University of Manchester researchers wrote in the journal Meteoritics and Planetary Science that they found proof that ancient Egyptians used meteorites to make accessories.
- Catalyst Stimulates Self-Doping In Silicon Nanowires April 7, 2013
- Aluminum mediates silicon nanowire growth and becomes absorbed in the growing structure in the process
- Soaking Up Uranium April 21, 2013
- Nanotechnology: Porous framework compound may work to extract the dissolved metal from seawater
- Diffusion in Solids: Fundamentals, Methods, Materials,... May 24, 2013
To insert individual citation into a bibliography in a word-processor, select your preferred citation style below and drag-and-drop it into the document.