- Airbrushed Polymers Could Seal Surgical Incisions March 13, 2014
- Biomaterials: Researchers spray mats of biodegradable nanofibers directly onto tissues using a tool from the hardware store
- Nanostructures Designed To Fall Apart February 2, 2014
- DNA-metal nanoparticle ‘superstructures’ might one day deliver drugs, then decompose and exit the body
- Like a hall of mirrors, nanostructures trap photons inside ultrathin solar cells April 22, 2014
In the quest to make sun power more competitive, researchers are designing ultrathin solar cells that cut material costs.
- Simple Coating Gives A Boost To Thin-Film Silicon Solar Cells March 24, 2014
- Materials: Flexible solar cells made from low-grade silicon absorb more light with layers of metal nanoparticles
- Cleaner Graphene Offers Better Device Performance February 10, 2014
- Materials Science: A novel technique allows engineers to build graphene-based electronics without contaminating or damaging the material
- New Materials Science Study Findings Have Been Reported by Investigators at Wayne State University April 17, 2014
In contrast, typical hydrothermal methods to prepare inorganic hollow structures require 24 h or a few days."
- WPI's Diana Lados honored by SAE International and Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society April 15, 2014
The director of Worcester Polytechnic Institute's Integrative Materials Design Center receives the TMS Brimacombe Medal and the SAE Teetor Educational Award, which recognize sustained excellence in materials science and engineering research and education Diana Lados, left, associate professor of mechanical engineering at Worcester Polytechnic ... (more)
- Silk Fibers Grow Directly On Graphene January 31, 2014
- Materials Science: The strong, flexible, and conductive nanocomposite of silk and graphene could be used to make biosensors or scaffolds for tissue engineering
- Light Triggers Multiple Motions In A Single Nanostructured Material February 10, 2014
- Inspired by plant tendrils, chemists build polymeric spirals that can ferry small objects
- Nanoparticles Help Radiotherapy April 20, 2014
- Manganese dioxide particles react with hydrogen peroxide to increase oxygen levels in tumors
- Nanoparticles Deliver Three Cancer Drugs To Tumors April 20, 2014
- Drug Delivery: Polymeric materials deliver specific amounts of multiple drugs to disease cells
- Paper Spray Ionization With A 3-V Battery March 30, 2014
- Carbon nanotube-coated paper reduces the voltage needed for paper spray ionization from 3 kV to 3 V
- FRITSCH Disk Mill PULVERISETTE 13 premium line now features the seal of quality - Best of 2014 April 23, 2014
- For the ninth time the Huber publishing house for Neue Medien GmbH (New Media) selects outstanding companies from the industry for the INDUSTRIEPREIS (industry award) within the time period of the...
- Coming, glasses as strong as steel - Indiatalkies.com April 14, 2014
New York, April 14: Imagine glasses that are strong as steel and can be used for producing hard, durable and seamless complex shapes that no other metal processing method can.
- Bendable Silicon Electronics February 20, 2014
- Materials: Exfoliation technique converts rigid silicon devices into flexible ones